USATF Grand Prix
TVFR - the Grand Prix and Our Relationship
Many TVFR members are also members of the USA Track and Field. For your convenience we have posted the Grand Prix Schedule and an Explanation of what the USA Track and Field is all about with links to their home and Grand Prix schedule pages.
2018 Grand Prix Schedule
|March 18, 2018
||New Bedford Half Marathon - New Bedford
|March 31, 2018
||Frank Nealon Boston Tune-Up 15K - Upton
|June 17, 2018
||St.Joseph Healthcare RibFest 5 Miler - Merrimack, NH
|August 25, 2018
||New Hampshire 10 Miler - Auburn, NH
|September 16, 2018
||Downtown 5K - Providence, RI
|September 30, 2018
||Lone Gull 10K - Gloucester
|October 21, 2018
||BayState Marathon - Lowell
TVFR USATF Incentive Program
- Eligibility. You must be a current member of both TVFR and USATF, and you must sign up in advance for the race on our website.
- Runners will be scored in the following age groups for each gender: 0-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69 and 70+.
- In each age group, the 1st TVFR runner scores 10 points, the 2nd scores 9, down to 1 point for the 10th.
- Each runner's season score is the sum of their individual race scores. It is not necessary to run all 7 races, but the more races you run, the more points you will accumulate.
- Series awards are NOT by age group. Prizes are awarded to the top 5 scorers in each gender.
USATF the explanation
USATF-NE is your local New England association of the USA Track & Field. As one of USATF's 57 associations, USATF - New England administers programs in the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. With over 3000 members, 100 member clubs, and 400 sanctioned events, the New England association is one of the most active and largest associations in the country.
Why join USATF? OK, Check out all the good reasons below, but really the main reason we want to encourage USATF participation is to support our USATF teams and maybe win a few bucks. Team spirit and all that! Although only the fastest 3 or 5 score, anyone with current USATF membership can be on the team, so the more the merrier!
- To support all programs in the sport, from developmental to elite
- To support your full service office, only a call or e-mail away
- To receive the local Exchange Zone newsletter and national Fast Forward magazine
- To receive a number of National benefits including discounted subscriptions and other offers<
- To score in the NE Road Race Grand Prix
- To be part of the most dynamic association in the country - Local Clubs and Contacts
- To be eligible for supplemental event and practice insurance - Insurance Information
- USATF-New England runs programs in all the areas of the sport. Some of these programs include:
- A road race Grand Prix, now in its twentieth year, includes races at seven distances through the year. Teams and individuals score points through the
series with team cash awards and individual prizes given out at the conclusion. Runners completing all seven races receive special recognition with the
award of a commemorative jacket.
You Can Now Join USATF-New England Three Ways
- By Mail
To print a form in HTML format, click here
Sign-up today for your USATF-NE membership on the secure National on-line server. Click here to get started.
- In Person
Go to the USATF Both at the next Grand Prix race and they'll take your $30 in person!
Competition and Scoring
Competition -This is a series of 7 races, from 5K to marathon, featuring both individual and club USATF competition. Points are awarded for each race, based on
placement, and awards given for individuals and teams at each race, and for the individuals and teams with the most points accumulated at the end of the whole
series. All runners completing all 7 races, regardless of finishing time, are deemed Ironrunners and rewarded for completing the series, usually with a nice
running jacket bearing the USATF logo on the front and logos for each of the 7 event races on the back.
- Races: The 7 for the series from 5K to marathon, were decided in November of each year.
- Eligibility: YOU MUST GET USATF MEMBERSHIP as a TVFR runner, club #168 in order to score for our team. Cost is $30, payable at the USATF booth at the race, or by applying online at http://www.usatfne.org/member/index.html The USATF membership is good for one year.
- Scoring: Any number can enter as team members. Veterans can score for all 4 teams, seniors for 59 and younger, masters for 49 and younger, open for 39 and younger. The fastest 3 or 5 depending on race/age will score, but don't feel you shouldn't run if you're not fast. The more the better – we like to have as good a turnout as possible.